Welcome to the Videobotics ELX1/PLX1 Page
Videobotics Control for Pioneer LX1 DVD Recorder
Automate EDL Creation and Telecine Applications of the ELX1
Improved support for Telecine auto-capture to DVD
ELX1: the pathway from telecine to a finished 'daily' DVD auto-captured by your LX1.
- Harness the power of LX1's auto-capture
- One-click telecine-to-DVD EDL conversion with scene/take chapter marks
- Converts CMX, GVG, and FTL files into LX1 format for auto-capture
- Converts telecine logs into LX1 EDL format for telecine-to-DVD
- Control your RS422 VTR for 'manual' tape logging to CMX-3400 format EDLs
- Control your PVR-LX1 - cue, review, play, pause, etc. from the LX1 hard drive or DVD
Here's what one studio production pro says about ELX1:
(March 8, 2004)
We really appreciate your ELX1 program. We are making dvd dailies from
the Beta SP tapes that we get from our telecine department. Making an EDL
for the LX1 ... was reduced to a point and
click operation which saved us 15 to 20 minutes of work. You answered
every question we had and even made the program do exactly what we wanted
it to do. thank you,
Paramount Pictures Post Production Engineering
Videobotics ELX1 Software For Windows
- Instantly converts existing EDLs from other systems to LX1 auto-capture format:
- GVG 70
- Evertz Keylog FTL (telecine)
- FLEX - Get a free FLEX-to-FTL converter from DaVinci's web site: http://www.davsys.com/tlc/tlc-tlcflex.htm
- ELX1 has 'one button' conversion for film dailies to LX1 EDLS to automate your telecine-to-DVD procedures
- Has its own built-in tape-logging system
- Full controls for your RS422 VCR
- SMTPE time code display on screen with many control features
- Logs up to 100 clip start/stop times
- Saves out CMX-3400 type EDL file
- SMPTE time code features for tape cue, play, review, etc.
- EDL Conversion Window
ELX1 also can RS422-control the LX1 Itself
- ELX1's EDLMaker instantly auto-converts the source (tape-log) EDL to LX1 format with one mouse-click.
- Or you can step through the source EDL line by line and set LX1 CHAPTER PAUSE or TITLE STOP modes, enter tape-change EDL commands, and more.
- ELX1 adds VTR-like controls and provides a number of
capabilities for your LX1
- Lets you review (and even log!) footage on hard drive or DVD
- real SMPTE timecode readout - updated up to 30 times per second. Timecode can be read out, viewed, and cued on DVD Titles that have time code and/or on footage already recorded in an LX1 project
- cue-inpoint and cue-outpoint timecode fields to set start and stop times of a
clip you can isolate for review
- a logging window to isolate start/stop times of a series of up to 100 clips you can save as a CMX 3400 EDL file
- a Settings text file you can edit to set up:
- the COM port you wish to use to connect to your RS 422 VTR (or your LX1)
- the type of device (RS422 VTR or LX1)
- Initialize and Finalize settings for the LX1 batch-capture features
- and more.
- UserNote text string you can use to create a small displayed message (to helpful to individually identify multiple copies of ELX1 running simultaneously)
- Script text file for scripted sequences of operations, using a very simple text command set including marking cue-in and cue-out time codes, play, pause, cue, clip review, clip repeat, and more.
Videobotics NEW PLX1 software is a network-enhanced version of ELX1 which adds the
ability to control the LX1 or VTR functions over any TCP/IP
network (or internet) and obtain time readout at a remote location as well.
For custom control panels using Java Applets, Servlets, or other network access
features, contact Videobotics. Or you can write simple network-control scripts and control command lines using the Rebol language (available *free* at http://www.rebol.com).
ELX1 Logging Window Screen Shot
ELX1 logging window screen shot (100KBytes) Our tape logging window has a new feature which lets you select any EDL entry and instantly transfer the in/out points over to the main GUI as 'cue in' and 'cue out' points, ready to cue. Shown here with a set of cue/review points set or loaded from an existing tape-log EDL.
ELX1 can control and log footage from a standard RS422 VTR (log footage from tape, convert the EDL to LX1 format, and then have the LX1 batch-capture the footage to DVD!). When ELX1 controls a VTR, its main control GUI adapts to the full control features of an RS422 VTR (e.g. variable speed, jogging, shuttling, etc.) not available (yet) on the LX1. When controlling an LX1, ELX1 lets you use all the LX1's 'RS422 subset' of controls and you can view/log footage from the LX1's hard drive or a DVD with software control of the LX1's media transport.
ELX1 EDLMaker Window Screen Shot
Full size ELX1 conversion window screen shot showing a standard CMX3400 EDL loaded and instantly converted to Pioneer LX1 EDL format. (about 100KBytes)
No need to painstakingly enter EDL footage timecodes to make your LX1 EDL - let ELX1 read in your source tape log (EDL) and convert to LX1 format with one mouse-click. ELX1 can let you speedily take full advantage of the LX1's 'auto-capture' capability to batch your VTR footage direct to DVD.
- ELX1 - direct control of time-coded segments on the LX1 and/or RS422 VTR, with logging and EDL-conversion features - $499.95
- UPGRADE ELX1 Version 1 to Version 2 - $199.95
- RS422 COM port adapter for editing VTR or LX1 - $99.95
NOTE: A RS422 COM port adapter is *required* to connect a PC COM port to a RS422 VTR or the LX1. If you don't have one already, you *do* need to order one for ELX1 to work with either device.
- SPECIAL - ELX1 with RS422 converter (for PC COM port) to control VTR or LX1 - $579.95 ($599.90 if purchased as separate items).
- PLX1 - an enhanced version with additional TCP/IP control of the ELX1 program - $699.95
- Call Videobotics to order: 805 349 1104 - 9AM to 5PM (West Coast) - M-F
Thank you for visiting the Videobotics ELX1 software page -
Come back soon ...
<<-- Back to Videobotics Home Page